This is one of those memes I’d love to do regularly. Unfortunately, my busy schedule doesn’t generally allow for it. But, when I can — and it’s a topic I’m excited about — these are always fun to post. This awesome meme is still hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For a list of past and future Top Ten Tuesday topics and to find out more about Top Ten Tuesday, click here! As always, these are listed in the order they come to mind.
Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me I MUST Read
Only ten? I probably have several times that many recommendations waiting to be explored. Some, people have bought me a book to get me going in the series, only for me to have no time (yet) to read it. Others have lent me various books. And there even are a few I’ve won in giveaways and just haven’t yet gotten around to. Oh, and there are the ones I’ve checked out from the library several times, only to return them without so much as cracking open the cover … I try. I really do try. Anyway, here’s my list.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth: Yes, I haven’t read it. Or anything in that series. I want to read it — oh, how I want to. But it just hasn’t happened yet.
- Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan: I have had SEVERAL people recommend these books to me, not the least of which is my 11-year-old daughter who read the whole series in the matter of a few months! Believe me, I really do want to read it. Anyone have a few extra hours I could borrow to get them read?
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore: A dear friend of mine has many times said I should read this. And I want to. I will — eventually.
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin: As a big-time fantasy fan, it’s probably sacrilege that I haven’t yet read it. My mom even sent me the whole series on paperback (her copies) so I can read it! I will, I will. I promise!
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: And the series. This is one I really want to read. Again, time … not on my side when it comes to books!
- The Tale of Desperaux by Kate DiCamillo: A dear friend of mine has lent me her copy. It’s around here somewhere. Collecting dust.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: I have seen all of the movies, but haven’t cracked open a single book. And I own them all.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: A book-blogger friend sent me a copy. From Australia (if I remember correctly). You’d think I’d make the time for this one …
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: You’d think, given how much I tend to love Oliver’s books, I’d have read this by now. Believe me, I want to. I even have a gorgeous hard-cover copy waiting for me to find the time for it!
- Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink: This is one that came very highly recommended to me. And I even won the whole series in a giveaway. Anyone know where I might be able to win some time?
This is just a tiny fraction of the books I’ve had recommended to me. That’s the fun in being a book blogger. You get so many book recommendations. So many great suggestions. Now if only I didn’t have kids to raise (no, I do NOT mean that — wouldn’t trade them for anything, not even all the reading time in the world!), a job, and other important obligations.
FTC Disclosure: All items reviewed were either obtained by me for my own enjoyment or sent (from the author, publisher, publicist, via tour sites, etc.) in exchange for an honest review. I receive no monetary compensation for my posts. All opinions expressed are my own. Any exceptions to this are clearly noted in the appropriate posts.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.