I know that through the course of this year I’ve all but fallen off the meme/special event radar. It’s come down to a lack of time. These kids of mine are keeping me extremely busy, so all of my time is taken up by them – and blog time has been almost exclusively reviews and blog tour things. I have completely given up on reading challenges – not because I can’t get it done, but because I don’t have the time to keep track of it all. But, 2012 is coming to a close, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to take part in something I enjoyed last year, which allows me to look back over what feels like a whirlwind year.
Today’s is a particularly tough topic: Top 10 books read this year. I’ve read close to 150 books this calendar year, so whittling it down to ten feels next to impossible. But, I’ll give it my best shot. There will be honorable mentions! These are listed in no particular order (that really would make this impossible!). Links are to my reviews.
- Percepliquis by Michael J. Sullivan
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- Princeps’ Fury by Jim Butcher
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
- Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
- Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie
Honorable mention (again, in no particular order):
- The Breath of Dawn by Kristen Heitzmann
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
- With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson
- Bourne by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
- The Line Between Here and Gone by Andrea Kane
- Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
- Captain’s Fury by Jim Butcher
- When a Woman You Love Was Abused by Dawn Scott Jones
- Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore
- Academ’s Fury by Jim Butcher
- Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
- Hot Buttons series by Nicole O’Dell
- Things Your Dog Doesn’t Want You to Know by Hy Conrad & Jeff Johnson
It was so, so hard to cut the list down. There are several I wanted to mention, but I’m trying to keep this short – you know, in keeping with the Top 10 theme! Tune in tomorrow for more Top 10 of 2012!
FTC Disclosure: All items reviewed were either obtained by me for my own enjoyment or sent (from the author, publisher, publicist, via tour sites, etc.) in exchange for an honest review. I receive no monetary compensation for my posts. All opinions expressed are my own. Any exceptions to this are clearly noted in the appropriate posts.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.